For those who have not suffered from the regulations of China’s Ministry of Information Industry, below is a little homework:
The establishment of the domain name registry within the territory of the People’s Republic of China shall be put on record with the Ministry of Information Industry.
– – Article 11, Chapter III Administration of Registrars of China Internet Domain Name Regulations issued by China Internet Network Information Center
This means if you want to host your website in China, you have to put your domain on record with the Ministry of Information Industry.
A recent news update should draw the attention of those who already have their domains recorded – you may lose your domain’s record with the Ministry of Information Industry, if:
- The record information is incomplete;
- The record information contains mistakes;
- If your website changed the server.
If you have the above issues, be careful.
- CN Domains Become Available to Individuals Again
- Are .CN Domains Better for Baidu or Chinese SEO?
- All Websites Should Use DNSPod in China
- The Chasing Game Between Sougou and Google (in China)
- 10 Figures of China Internet 2010
- Some questions and answers from Baidu Webmaster Club
- An Overview of Popular Online Payment Methods in China