During the long vacation of the National Day, an interesting piece of news drew the attention of the Chinese search people: the market share of Sougou.com exceeded Google in China’s search market.
According to CNZZ, the leading Chinese web analytics tool: based on user numbers during the vacation, the market share of Sougou was 7%, and Google was left behind by 1%, taking a share of 6%, while the leading search engine Baidu still looked down on the whole market with a 78% share.
Looking at the two major drops of Google in the chart, an interesting conclusion can be drawn: to the Chinese users, Google is a search engine for work, while Sougou is for fun.
- Is Google Analytics Blocked in China?
- Google Fonts Unstable in China – Here is How to Fix It
- Google switched CEO – Chief Executive Optimization?
- New Google Reader, New Information Flow
- Add Ignored Chinese Search Engines to Google Analytics
- “Selfish” Google – why load speed matters for SEO?
- Chinese Proper Noun Lexicon: Baidu has it, Google not