On mobile devices, Baidu automatically converts websites to suit the screen resolutions and wishfully bring better user experience to its users.
This can be quite annoying when you already have a mobile or responsive website.
Luckily, there are three simple ways to stop the madness:
This directive can be either used as an HTTP response header or a meta tag as below:
For those who already have mobile sites, they can specify the addresses of their mobile sites, by adding the following line within the head section of the page:
Just replace your-mobile-site-address with the real address of your mobile site.
The user-agent of Baidu’s transcoder is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; baidu Transcoder;) , so you can let your server return the mobile site specifically to this user-agent.
Be sure to add Content-Type: vnd.wap.xhtml+xml in the response.
So the three methods above can save your site from being blindly converted by Baidu. If you have other problems with Baidu-dummy-spider, why not leave a comment below or drop us a line?
- Mobile SEO for Baidu – Rules, Tools and Best Practices
- Do Your Visitors Get Lost On Your Site?
- Baiduspider, Googlebot and How Differently They Behave on Your Site
- What Is Baidu Zhida
- Baidu Share – social sharing service from Baidu
- New Baidu User Agent: Baiduspider 2.0
- Use Baidu Bookmarks to Speed up Indexation